The following terms and conditions apply to all competitions endorsed and promoted by Fair Chance Competitions Ltd. References to competitions mean each competition that is operated by Fair Chance Competitions via www.fairchancecompetitions.co.uk
Fair Chance Competitions operate regular competitions that require a level of skill in order to be considered an entrant; this provides entrants with a fair opportunity at accessing prizes. Under the terms and conditions imposed by Fair Chance Competitions, a competition will run for a specific period that is individual to each competition.
- The Competition is open to all persons aged 18 years or over excluding the Promoters, members of the immediate families or households of, agents, employees, professional advisers or conduct administration of the Competitions.
- Purchases of Paytriot Payments, depending on the Competition. This shall be subject to the respective payment providers' terms and conditions, which are available to view by using the link: https://www.paytriot.co.uk. The purchase fee of the Fair Chance Competitions ticket(s) must be received by the Promoter in pounds sterling only.
- Each competition will have its own countdown timer & end date, we reserve the right to sell tickets/numbers until the countdown timer runs out. All winners will be determined by a 100% random ball machine unless a prize exceeds 1000 tickets/numbers then the winner will be determined by a Google randomly generated number generator.
- All draws will be live and viewable on Facebook live.
- Fair Chance Competitions reserve the right to move the draw day a maximum of 3 times
- If any competitions do not sell the minimum tickets stated, the winner will receive 70% of ticket sale revenue.
- In cases where the Prize is an experience, which should be taken to include, for example, domestic and international holidays, day-trips and one-off events or occasions, the Winner of the Prize will be contacted by either Fair Chance Competitions to arrange delivery of the experience. If the Winner fails to confirm necessary details (e.g. the people who will be attending the experience, the desired date of the experience, etc.) within 14 days from the point of being contacted, then it is acknowledged that, on occasion, certain elements of the Prize may not be available, in which case Fair Chance Competitions and the Winner will arrange a mutually agreeable substitute experience up to the same value as the original Prize
- In the event that you participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. Fair Chance Competitions will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully.
- By participating in the Competition online via the Website or by postal entry (as provided below), and by accepting these terms and conditions, you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence by entering the Competitions. The Promoter will not be held responsible for consequences (including an entry being void) of any entry which is unlawful. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant regulations or public authorities in your home country.
- Postal Entries must be sent by first class stamp, and must be received before the Closing Date of the relevant Competition or the point that the Competition sells out - whichever comes first - in order to be entered into the Competition. If a Postal Entry is received within 48 (forty-eight) hours of the earlier of the Closing Date of the relevant Competition Postal Entries are limited to one Entry to each Competition per postcard. Postal Entries must be sent on an unenclosed postcard. Attempted Postal Entries received on anything other than a postcard will not be accepted. The Entrant must specify which competition they wish to enter. In the case of multiple entries received on a single postcard, only one entry will be entered into the relevant Competition. If the Entrant's Account cannot be identified from the details provided on the Postal Entry, then the Competition-specific single entry will not be processed. Postal Entries without correct and sufficient postage paid will be invalid and will not be considered. Personal and hand deliveries will not be accepted.
An Entry, and/or a Postal Entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the Entrant engages in:
- any form of fraud, whether actual or apparent;
- fraudulent misrepresentation;
- fraudulent concealment;
- hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website or App; or
- amending, or unauthorised use of, any code that constitutes the Website or App.
Fair Chance Competitions will not accept and will not refund Entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties;
- paid for using a debit/credit card belonging to someone other than the Entrant;
- altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
Fair Chance Competitions will not accept and will not refund Postal Entries that are:
- completed by third parties;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- incorrectly sent by post;
- delayed in receipt at Fair Chance Competitions specified address by more than 48 (forty-eight) hours after the earlier of the Closing Date of the relevant Competition or the point that the Competition sells out, or are not received at Fair Chance Competitions specified address through whatever reason other than Fair Chance Competitions actions.
- In entering the Competition, you (“the Entrant”/”you”) confirm and warrant that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize or any prize you may win. Fair Chance Competitions may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition and/or to claim the Prize Binding Nature of these Terms.
- All entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Fair Chance Competitions with accurate and current contact details.
- Fair Chance Competitions accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by human error or technical faults within Fair Chance Competitions technological infrastructure.
- Fair Chance Competitions accepts no liability for non-receipt or issues with receipt of a Prize due to errors in information provided by the Winner, such as incorrect bank account details or a wrong delivery address
- By entering the Competition you will be deemed to have confirmed and warranted your legal capacity to do so, you will have read understood and accepted these terms and conditions and you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in resulting/related promotional material.
- By entering the Competition, all Entrants acknowledge that their payment per entry does not guarantee in any way that they will win the prize.
- How To enter the Competition: When participating in a Competition online via the Website, follow the on-screen instructions to do the following: (a) select the Competition you wish to enter and when you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully making sure you have read and understood these terms and conditions; (b) once you have purchased your Ticket(s) and answered the question(s) correctly using knowledge or skill and when your payment has cleared, we will then contact you by email to confirm your entry into the Competition. Please note that when entering online you will not be deemed entered into the Competition until we confirm your Ticket(s) order back to you by email.
- Subject to the above, the Competitions may usually be entered via the Website. There may be a single Competition, multiple competitions may be operated at the same time and each Competition will have its specific Prize.
- Availability and pricing of Competitions is at the discretion of the Fair Chance Competitions and will be specified at the point of entry in the Competitions, on the Website.
- When entering a competition you will need to answer a skill based questions. Wrong answers to this competition will be charged but not entered in the competition.
- In order to enter any of the Competitions, you will need to register an account with us. You can register an account online. To do so you will need to provide an email address (“Your Account”).
- Fair Chance Competitions reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
- Fair Chance Competitions shall take all reasonable steps to ensure and preserve the random nature of the Draw but shall not be required to comply with any particular regulatory or other standards in this respect. The Draw has historically been operated with the use of a True Random Number Generator, through a random ticket selection, however Fair Chance Competitions may operate the Draw in any reasonable way and may change the Draw process at any time. The result(s) of the Draw are final and Fair Chance Competitions shall not enter into any correspondence in relation to the same.
- Fair Chance Competitions will not accept: (a) responsibility for entries to the Competition that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or (b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all entries become our property and will not be returned c) Any responsibility for failure of technical systems, such as distribution of random or manually selected numbers allocated by the ticketing system and if in the rare event of a duplicate number has been produced and dispatched via the ticketing system, any prize won by two or more participants with a duplicate number, will be fully compensated with monetary value determined by a valuation of the prize agreed upon by Fair Chance Competitions and winning participants, the participant who purchased there ticket/number(s) first will be the participant eligible to receive the prize.
- You can enter the Competitions up to the amount of 5 entries for each Competition. Each account can have unlimited amount of entries, providing they are purchased on that account on behalf of other people.
- By submitting your entry and any accompanying material, you agree to: (a) assign to Fair Chance Competitions all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and (b) waive all moral rights in and to your entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- You agree that Fair Chance Competitions may, but is not required to, make your entry available on the Website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition.
- You agree to grant the Fair Chance Competitions a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- Fair Chance Competitions use a random ball machine (“The beast”) tested as in proper working order and validated on the occasion of determining the winner of each of the Competitions (“the Winner”) will determine the Winner. Unless the prize exceeds 1000 tickets/numbers, in the event of a prize exceeding 1000 tickets/numbers, the winner will be determined using google random number generator. Fair Chance Competitions will ensure that a minimum number of Entrants have entered each Competition specified by the Promoter and determined for each Competition in the Promoter’s absolute discretion and may in its absolute discretion close the Competition early without selecting any winner and may withdraw the Competition. The maximum number of Entrants to each Competition will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. maximum numbers will be notified to you upon entry into the Competition.
- Fair Chance Competitions further reserves the right in its absolute discretion to close and withdraw a Competition without selecting a winner due to any reason beyond the Promoter’s control.
- Due to the nature of the winning determining mechanism there will only be one winner per Competition. Unless described .
- Fair Chance Competitions will attempt to contact the Winner using the telephone number and email address provided at the time of entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in the Fair Chance Competitions database. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details. If for any reason they are noted down by the Entrant incorrectly, Fair Chance Competitions will not be held responsible. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
- If for any reason whatever Fair Chance Competitions is unable to contact a Winner within 15 days (which may be extended at the sole discretion of the Promoter) of the end of a Competition Period or the Winner fails to confirm acceptance of the Prize or the Winner is disqualified as a result of contravening any of these terms and conditions, the Winner will forfeit the Prize which will remain in the ownership possession custody and power of the Promoter, thereafter Fair Chance Competitions may in its absolute discretion award the Prize to the second best Entrant as selected under the above selection system, or close the Competition completely without selecting a winner.
- In the event that a Competition is closed without selecting a Winner, Fair Chance Competitions will give all Entrants appropriate credit to enable them to replay equivalent tickets in a subsequent Competition.
The Winner will be required to show proof of identification satisfactory to the Promoter as a condition of and prior to delivery of the Prize. Any failure to meet this obligation may result in the Winner being disqualified and the Promoter retaining the Prize. The winner will be required to sign a disclaimer as acceptance of the prize upon acceptance of the prize unless otherwise the prize is deemed to be unsatisfactory, unsafe.
- The Winner will also be required to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos, on the occasion of the award of the Prize which will be personally delivered to the Winner, and which may be used in future marketing and promotions by Fair Chance Competitions in connection with the Competition and in identifying them as the Winner. However, the Entrant’s specific consent to such use of personal data/images will be sought upon entry into a Competition by ticking a specific box.
- Following receipt and verification of the details requested above by the Promoter, the Winner will be contacted and arrangements made for delivery of the Prize.
- The Prizes are selected by and owned by Fair Chance Competitions from the date of the start of the Competition by the Prize being offered on the Website to the date that the Winner takes delivery of the Prize. The Prizes are chosen and purchased by Fair Chance Competitions in its absolute discretion and the Prizes and only the Prizes (unless the winner accepts a cash alternative but with the full option of receiving the prize) are awarded respectively to the Winner of each Competition who is thus bound to receive the Prize without any option to request a replacement or substitute. Details of each Prize will be found on the Website in offering them for Entrants to the Competitions.
- Fair Chance Competitions will accept no liability whatsoever for the Prize after delivery, nor does the Promoter insure the Prize against damage, loss or other risk once delivered. No insurance policy comes with the Prizes and the promoter cannot be held responsible for the Prize once handed over to the winner.
- Delivery to the Winner is free to any location in mainland UK. Fair Chance Competitions has a right to charge the Winner delivery fees if the Winner wants the Prize delivered anywhere outside mainland UK.
- All expenses incurred by the Entrants in entering the Competitions are the sole responsibility of themselves even if an Entrant then becomes a Winner.
- The goods that form the Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the Prize manufacturer or supplier.
- The Prize must be accepted and is non-transferable or convertible to substitutes, and cannot be used in conjunction with any vouchers, offers or discounts, including without limitation any vouchers or offers of Fair Chance Competitions or Prize suppliers.
- The Promoter can store the Prize free of charge for 30 days after notifying the Winner at the Winner’s request, thereafter the Prize will be delivered to the Winner.
- Acceptance of the Prize by the Winner will mean they are obliged to have their photo and video taken by Fair Chance Competitions for promotional purposes, both immediately after their win and in the future for use in accordance with above unless to the extent prohibited by law and subject to the Winner’s rights under current data protection legislation.
- By entering a Competition, and subject to you ticking the relevant box to indicate your consent to same and to your rights as provided under current data protection legislation and to our data protection policy and legislative compliance as detailed below, you agree to the use of your name, address, and/or photograph or other likeness, as well as your appearance at publicity events without any additional compensation (save for reasonable travel expenses) and as reasonably required by the Promoter if you are declared a Winner.
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services forming the Prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, non-liability for consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by the Promoter, or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to the Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the Winner, or in connection with any of the Competitions promoted by the Promoter.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act, including any errors or mistakes.
- Fair Chance Competitions shall use its best endeavours to award the Prize for a Competition to the correct Entrant. If due to reasons of hardware, software or other computer related failure, or due to human error, the Prize is awarded incorrectly, Fair Chance Competitions reserves the right to reclaim the Prize and award it to the correct Entrant, at its sole discretion and without liability. b) Fair Chance Competitions shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained by any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due.
- Fair Chance Competitions shall not be a trustee of any Entry Fees received, unless it is subject to a specific contractual agreement with a Fair Chance Competitions Partner to act as such.
- Fair Chance Competitions reserves the right to suspend or cancel any Competition at any time, either before or after Entries and/or Postal Entries have been received. If a Competition is cancelled due to Fair Chance Competitions' actions and specifically not those of the Fair Chance Competitions Partner or any other entity associated to the Competition, Fair Chance Competitions will return the Entry Fees paid by each Entrant return the relevant Entry Fee for each Postal Entry made by each Entrant to.
- Where all the Entry Fees have been returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
- Without prejudice to the operation, Fair Chance Competitions reserves the right to cancel any Competition in the event that an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of Fair Chance Competitions, or an order is made for the appointment of an administrator to manage the affairs of the Promoter, or circumstances arise which entitle a court or creditor to appoint a receiver or manager or which entitle a court to make a winding up order, or Fair Chance Competitions takes or suffers any analogous action in consequence of debt or an application to court for protection from its creditors is made by Fair Chance Competitions.
- Fair Chance Competitions reserves the right to make reasonable amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time, with immediate effect upon publishing such amendments on the Website and App. Any such amendments shall not prejudice any Entries or Postal Entries received prior to the time of such changes.
- These Terms and Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and Fair Chance Competitions.
- Website used to operate the Competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular internet, tablet and mobile browsers. For the avoidance of doubt, only the ticket recorded in our systems, howsoever displayed or calculated, shall be entered into the relevant Competition and Fair Chance Competitions shall not be held liable for any Competition entries that occur as a result of malfunctioning software or other event. How To enter the Competition for free: (free entry)
- To enter the competition for free, send your: Name, Address, DOB, Contact phone number, desired number of choice, and correct answer for that competition. It’s not recommended to send via recorded delivery. Include your username and password. Post to 6 Willow Way, crewkerne, TA18 7DS Postal entries are limited to three competition entrant per postcard. The Entrant must specify which competition they wish to enter; they should also specify which number/s they desire. If the number/s not available by the time the postal entry has arrived and been processed a replacement random number/s will be allocated. Fair chance competitions will process all free entries on a Wednesday of each week. The free entries will be treated in the exact same manner as the paid entries, in addition the free entries will be entered into the ‘Live Draws’ in the same manner. Standard competition terms and conditions apply for free entries. Data Protection Notice and Policy Etc.
- All Entrants are automatically entered onto Fair Chance Competitions database for the purpose of conveying information as to the status of the Competition, as well as any future Promotions or Competitions offered by the Promoter.
- Fair Chance Competitions holding of such details are therefore with Entrants’ consent. They are held subject to Fair Chance Competitions data protection policy and to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and national implementing laws and regulations in England and Wales as amended or updated from time to time and any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Data Protection Legislation”).
- In any event, any personal data that you supply to Fair Chance Competitions or authorise Fair Chance Competitions to obtain from a third party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by Fair Chance Competitions only to administer the Competition and determine award of Prizes where applicable. In order to process, record and use your personal data the Promoter may disclose it to (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom Fair Chance Competitions proposes to transfer any of Fair Chance Competitions rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement Fair Chance Competitions may have with you; (iii) any person to whom Fair Chance Competitions proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of Fair Chance Competitions in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data Fair Chance Competitions may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event Fair Chance Competitions is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be-adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
APPENDIX A DEFINITIONS
Data Protection Legislation: (i) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
Without prejudice to the provisions as to in particular consent by the Entrant and the Winner as specified in the main body of the Promoter’s terms and conditions to which this appendix is attached, the Entrant and the Winner will ensure that he has all necessary appropriate consents and notices in place to enable lawful transfer of the Entrant’s/Winner’s personal data (“Personal Data”) to the Promoter for the duration and purposes of these terms and conditions. Without prejudice to the foregoing, the Promoter shall, in relation to any Personal Data processed in connection with the performance by the Promoter of its obligations under these terms and conditions: (a) process that Personal Data only on the written instructions or with written consent of the Entrant or Winner (which consent is provided initially in any event by the Entrant ticking a specific box in making an entry to the Competitions), unless the Promoter is required by the laws of any member of the European Union or by the laws of the European Union applicable to the Promoter to process Personal Data (Applicable Laws). Where the Promoter is relying on laws of a member of the European Union or European Union law as the basis for processing Personal Data, the Provider shall promptly notify the Customer of this before performing the processing required by the Applicable Laws unless those Applicable Laws prohibit the Promoter from so notifying the Entrant or Winner; (b) process the Personal Data only for the purpose set out in the main body of these terms and conditions; (c) ensure that it has in place appropriate technical and organisational measures, which may be reviewed and approved by the Entrant or the Winner, to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, Personal Data, appropriate to the harm that might result from the unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage and the nature of the data to be protected, having regard to the state of technological development and the cost of implementing any measures (those measures may include, where appropriate, pseudonymising and encrypting Personal Data, ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of its systems and services, ensuring that availability of and access to Personal Data can be restored in a timely manner after an incident, and regularly assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the technical and organisational measures adopted by it); (d) ensure that all personnel who have access to and/or process Personal Data are obliged to keep the Personal Data confidential; and (e) not transfer any Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area unless the prior written consent of the Customer has been obtained and the following conditions are fulfilled: i) the Customer or the Promoter has provided appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer; ii) the Data Subject has enforceable rights and effective legal remedies; iii) the Promoter complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Legislation by providing an adequate level of protection to any Personal Data that is transferred; and iv) the Promoter complies with reasonable instructions notified to it in advance by the Entrant or Winner with respect to the processing of the Personal Data.
Note that throughout the Terms and Conditions, plural forms of the capitalised terms are used, and have the same meaning as given below.
Account: means the Registered User's Fair chance competitions account.
Closing Date: means the date on which a Competition closes.
Competition: means any competitions operated by Fair chance competitions on its Website to which these Terms and Conditions apply, wherein the Entrants submit Entries and Postal Entries via the Website for a chance to win Prize(s).
Draw: means the random selection of an Entry and/or Postal Entry from the class of total entries, that occurs on the relevant Competition’s Draw Date to determine the Winner and, where applicable,.
Draw Date: means the date at which the Draw takes place, which will be the earlier of the Closing Date of the relevant Competition, or the point that the Competition is sold out. If the Closing Date is extended pursuant to specific wording in the description of a Competition, the Draw Date will be extended also, maintaining the same parameters stipulated within this definition.
Entrant: means any natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) who validly submits an Entry or a Postal Entry to a Competition, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Entry: means a validly submitted and completed entry by the Entrant through the Website or App in order to gain an opportunity to win a Prize.
Entry Fee: means the entry fee payable as a condition of submitting a valid Entry. The fee will be stated clearly for each Competition and may vary between Competitions.
Postal Entry: means a validly composed and posted postcard, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, that is received by Fair chance competitions.
Prize: refers to the good or service so specified in each Competition that a Winner of that Competition may receive. The Prize to be awarded to the Winner cannot be substituted for any Prize of equivalent value, such as a cash prize, at the request of the Winner and. Fair chance competitions reserves the right to offer a cash alternative to the Prize specified in the Competition, and to offer a Prize of equal or greater value if for some reason the Prize is no longer available due to circumstances outside the Entrant’s control.
Prize Value: means the description of the value of a Prize of a Competition.
Fair Chance Competitions Partner: refers to a company or private individual that enters into an agreement with Fair Chance Competitions to provide one or more Products.
Fair Chance Competitions Tickets: means the virtual tickets that Registered Users purchase in order to enter into a Competition.
Registered User: means a Visitor that has filled out a Membership Form, or signed in through one of the linked social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter. Registered Users are eligible to make Entries or Postal Entries to any Competition, insofar as they are eligible to do so due to the nature of the Competition itself.
Visitor: means any unique visitor that is a natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) to Fair Chance Competitions' Website.
Website: means www.fairchancecompetitions.co.uk and all sub-domains attached to this domain.
Winner: means the Entrant first selected by the Draw on the Draw Date, and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.